About Raghu and Akhila Ranganathan
Raghu Ranganathan (Swabhavananda Natha) and Akhila Ranganathan (Kameshwaryamba) are senior disciples of His Holiness Sri Sri Vimarshananda Nathendra Saraswati Swamigal, the founder of Bhaskara Prakasha Ashram. Raghu is also the poorva-ashrama grand son of Sri Vimarshananda Nathendra Saraswati Swamigal. Raghu's father Sri K. R. Yegnarathnam currently heads the Ashram in Chennai, India.
Raghu started his training in vedas in gurukul style by his guru and grand father at the age of seven. He was initiated into Sri Vidya and accompanied his Guru in performing more than 500 Chandi homams, Srividya homams and Srividya Navavarna pujas. Raghu's first independent Satha Chandi homam was performed at Sri Kamakshi temple in New Delhi in 1988 at the age of 23.
Raghu and Akhila have initiated and taught Devi Mahatmyam and Sri Vidya to many devotees in Kenya, USA and Canada. They have travelled widely in the USA and Canada performing Chandi Homams and Sri Vidya Navavarna pujas. In 1996, Raghu and Akhila, with the divine grace of their Guru and Goddess, performed the first Chandi Homam in Sri Rajarajeswari Peetam in Rush, Rochester, NY.
They have also led and performed religious activities for several other religious organizations such as:
- Sri Balaji temple and Sri Ayyappa temple in Nairobi, Kenya
- Sringeri Vidya Bharati Foundation, Toronto, Canada
- Kanchi Kamakoti Seva Trust, Toronto, Canada
- Maha Rudram in 2013 organized by Ganesh Yag Parivar with Sri Vidyout Joshi - Hindu Heritage Centre, Mississauga, Canada
- Ashtottara Suvasini Puja for Nandalala devotees of Smt. Mathi Oli Saraswathi (Sri Amma)
- Sahasra Suvasini Puja organized by Sathguru Gnanananda Seva Samajam at Chantilly, Virginia, USA
Raghu and Akhila are fortunate to have recited in the Lalitha Sahasranama Parayana Krama audio publication under the directions of their Guru. Raghu has also produced and chanted in the following audio publications:
- Upanishad (Taitreeya Upanishad, Ganapathi Upanishad, Devi Upanishad, Bhavanopanishad, Tripuropanishad and Kaulopanishad)
- Sadyojata Vidhana Rudra Puja, Sri Rudram and Chamakam (Chanted and recorded along with 7 of his students between the age of 7 and 14 in Nairobi, Kenya)
- Guru puja (Sundari Garbhita Purusha Suktam, Sri Suktam and Bhavanopanishad Prayoga Vidhi)
Raghu and Akhila Ranganathan can be reached via this contact form.